Wednesday, June 5, 2013

One Month Ago

It has been one month.

I still cannot believe it.  It does not seem real.  One month since I said I love you, one month since I kissed you, one month since you smiled at me.  It seems like yesterday.  Yet, it seems like forever.

My heart has a huge hole wishing so badly I had one more day with you.  My Jesus is filling my hole.  I feel it.  I need it.

We celebrated our one year anniversary just two short weeks before Jesus took Jamey home.  It was a perfect day.  I will share more about it when I can.

A friend contacted me last week and wanted to share a conversation she had with Jamey two weeks before his passing.  This sweet friend was the baker of our wedding cake.  On our wedding day, we chose to go ahead and eat the top of the cake instead of freezing it.  We would rather have a fresh one on our anniversary than one that would have been freezer burned!!

Jamey met her the day before our anniversary to pick up our cake.  She shared this with me:

When Jamey and I met, he asked how I was doing.  I told him about the issue I was having with my health.  He gave me a compliment, as usual.  We talked about how he was so excited about your trip for your anniversary and how nice he knew it was going to be. Jamey told me that none of us was guaranteed to be here tomorrow, that he could be here a couple of weeks or months, that we just don't know.  But he makes sure every day to tell you and Brenna that he loves you and those around him something positive.  So, if in the event that he was not walking on this earth that you knew how much he loved you and your heart will be full, even in his absence.  He told me that because of my situation and the health issues I was having, he made a suggestion.  He suggested that I make sure to tell someone I love them every day and to share a compliment or good thought because if I continued that and was no longer here, my memory would live long past my presence and love would always be felt in those around me.  I told him that I agreed that we were not guaranteed how long we would be here, but I was sure that he would be here a long time and he said, I sure hope so!  I love the path that I am on with Tippa and she makes my life full and complete. I hugged his neck and told him to have a great weekend and he was lucky to have you in his life.  He grinned and giggled.

What a great legacy, Jamey Feltman!!!!

My heart was so touched by this story.  I know it is one of many stories many friends could tell, because that was the man he was.

I challenge each of you reading this today------tell someone that you love them and share a compliment or good thought.  Do this in Jamey's memory.  Was an incredible impact that will make on someone in your life.  Jamey was so right.....his memory will live long past his presence and his love will always be felt in those around him.

Do it.  Do it for him.  Do it for you.  Do it for those around you.

"Well done, good and faithful servant."  Matthew 25:21

0 comments: