Friday, June 21, 2013

Hands


Oh how I miss holding his hand.

Jamey never let go of my hand.  We held hands all the time.  ALL.THE.TIME.  It just came naturally to us.  It was our thing.  We held hands from the time we first started dating and never let go.  In the car, sitting on the couch, walking in the neighborhood, walking into Target.  Everywhere.  Friends would say, "Oh they are just newlyweds".  But, that was not true.  I believe we would have still been holding hands sitting on the front porch in our rocking chairs at the age of 95.  That was him. That was us. 

He never let go.

I never let go.

Today, I pray for the people who do not know the Lord and have His hand to hold when life takes a dramatic, unexpected turn.  He has my hand, guiding me through the long, hard, emotion-filled days. God never lets go. I cannot imagine going through an incredible heartache without Him and having the comfort and hope that only He can bring.

Do not fear, for I am with you; don't be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10

0 comments: