Wednesday, June 26, 2013

In an Instant

This was a note Jamey left for me on Valentine's Day 2013.

Jamey and I were in love.  So, so in love.

We had a love that, in my opinion, only happens in fairy tales.  I knew that.  Jamey knew that.  We even talked about it.  We thanked God every day for that.  It was special.  So, so special.

I am not a marriage expert.  Far from it.  We were married for 379 days and Jamey was my first husband.  We had experiences under our belt and knew what we were looking for when we found each other.  Or should I say, when God brought us together.

We loved hard and deep.  We told each other over 100 times a day how much we loved each other.  We would write it in notes and leave around the house, in texts, in emails, after every single phone call, just riding on the car.  All.The.Time.  We told each other.

But, we showed our love not only in what we said, but in our actions.

We respected each other's feelings.  We respected each other's thoughts.  We helped each other.  We both knew how lucky we were and we both protected that love every day.

I cannot say it enough....

Husbands ---- Love your wives

Wives ----- Love your husbands

Tell them.  Show them.  Always.  EVERY.DAY.  ALL.DAY.

Don't let a moment go by because it could be your last.  Life can change in an instant.  In an INSTANT.  I am living, breathing proof of that.

The very last thing Jamey said to me before Jesus took him Home was that he loved me.

He said it.

I said it.

Three simple words....I LOVE YOU!

Moments later, Jesus took him Home.

It was that quick.

It was in an instant.

Grief is an ugly thing a times, but I constantly see Jamey's face before Jesus came.  He had a grin from ear to ear and we said we loved each other.

What a memory.

Thank you, Jesus, for that memory.  Such comfort it brings.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude.  It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.  Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes in all things, endures all things.  Love never ends.  As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

0 comments: