Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

I'm not going to lie, today was tough. I have been dreading it for weeks. Being a dad was Jamey's pride and joy. He loved Brenna with every ounce of his being. He would move heaven and earth for that child. She had him wrapped around her little pinky and he loved every minute of it. Every. Single. Minute.

I have been trying for the past few weeks to think of something special to do to honor him. In my family, we have always attended the Glover family reunion on Father's Day. It's a big deal and has been going on for over 65 years. So, that is what we did.  It was a good day with lots of family, tears, and good food. Jamey loved attending over the past few years. He fit right in and everyone loved him. 

This was us last Father's Day...


Oh he loved this little girl...


I tried for the past few days to ask Brenna how she would like to honor her daddy on Father's Day. Every time I would try to ask her, I would get a ginormous lump in my throat and start crying. I just couldn't get it out. I tried and tried, but just couldn't ask her. It hit me this morning that we honor him every day and not just on this one day of the year. We talk about him, share memories, cry, and laugh about things he would have done. In my opinion, that is the way it should be. Honor him every day. So, once God put that on my heart, I released the need to come up with something specific and just honor him like we do every day. A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders in that moment. 

We spent the day with family. This is mostly what she did all day....


Oh this girl loves her Pappy!!!!  She was stuck to him like glue and he loved every minute of it. 

After the reunion and after everyone left, I did want to do something we would do as a family pretty often, go to TCBY for dessert. We both got our favorite flavor and saluted one amazing man...


She told me exactly what flavor her daddy would have chosen and we did a little toast to him!  

It was a tough but good day!

I cannot end this without saying Happy Father's Day to my awesome daddy. He (and mom) made me the person I am today and I love him so much.  Thank you, Daddy, for everything you do for us. 

0 comments: