Wednesday, June 19, 2013

God Speaks

God speaks.  He spoke to me today.  I had to go by the funeral home to pick up some things they had made for us.  As I was leaving the parking lot, He spoke to me.  


It was so loud.  

So clear. 

What He told me gave me peace.  It gave me so much comfort.  He told me He brought me and Jamey together for a reason.  His reason.

HE did it.  

Now, I know that is not news to anyone who knows our story.  Everyone says it.  I have said it to myself (and to others) a thousand times.  But, today...HE told me.  He told me He brought us together so that I could help raise Brenna.  He told me how happy Jamey was over the past couple of years.  He reminded me of all the things Jamey taught me about myself, to believe in myself, how special I was, etc. HE told me.

He told me I was going to be ok.  I was going to make it through this.  

He is going to take care of me.

This was part of His plan.  

He told me....and it was loud and clear.

I spent the entire afternoon in a state of awe.  Does that make sense??  God has spoken to me many times.  Sometimes in a whisper.  Sometimes through others.  But today....HE spoke to me.  So loud.  So clear.

Yes, I am repeating myself.  I know.  I cannot even make complete sentences, it is so surreal.  

God speaks.  Do you listen?

Sweet Jesus, thank you for speaking to me today, and for allowing me to listen.

0 comments: