Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Camp Good Grief - Day 2

Brenna loved Day 2 of Camp Good Grief.  She had another busy schedule which included:

*  Charter bus back to the camp site
*  Snacks, music activity
*  Art Activity - Kaleidoscopes (More on that in a minute)
*  Water games
*  Small group grief session
*  More music and art
*  Swimming
*  Carnival time
*  Closed with a camp closing music activity

When I picked her up, she had a mustache painted on her face!  Hilarious!  Carnival time must have been pretty fun!

Day 2's grief goal was remembering their loved one.  She had to take along pictures of her mom and daddy and share with the group.  They also made memory boxes.  She didn't tell me much about that, she said it was a surprise!!

Another activity today was kaleidoscopes.  From what I understand, kids were instructed to choose a different color for their feelings to build their kaleidoscopes.  Brenna said her feelings were happy, sad, and angry.

Mine too, sweet one, mine too.

So, she built her kaleidoscope based on those feelings and colors.  I will get to see it today.

She brought home her dream catcher and it was so cute!  She and her Pappy are finding the perfect spot to hang it up.

I promise to take and post pictures of all these little treasurers!

I get great feedback daily on how she is doing.  Everyone loves her so much and is so pleased with her participation, sharing and opening up (a weeee bit).  That makes my heart smile.

Today is the last day.  I will get to go to a closing session this afternoon, so I am excited about that.

But, since I do not have any pictures to share today, I want share this one I posted on Facebook on Sunday.  Brenna and her Pappy getting a pedicure!  It was Pappy's first time, so Brenna was showing him how it was done!  He will do anything for his girl....and he loved the pedicure!





1 comments:

Split3ways said...

Oh my gosh! That is so great! I love that he is getting a pedicure with her!