Monday, May 27, 2013

The Beginning of Our Story

I took the following story from the wedding website we created when we were planning our wedding.  This is how we met. 

***********************************

I love thinking about how Jamey and I met.  It's my very own fairy tale and a true gift from God.

A friend of mine,Teresa, had mentioned Jamey to me on many occasions.  Actually, one of the first comments she made to me about him was, "I know the man you are going to marry!"  I remember laughing it off and thinking that she had really lost her marbles.  How could she possibly know such a thing?!?!  
A few months later I was on vacation with friends and received a text from Teresa saying, "Jamey wants to meet you!"  
On August 22, 2010, Jamey and I met for lunch.  We met at On the Border, one of my favorite restaurants.  This time, my life changed forever.  Even the devil couldn't get in the way of us meeting (as he always does when God is in charge of a situation)!  There was an incident in my neighborhood (still under construction) that morning that started with me taking a picture of a robbery in action, emailing the picture to the builder, and the builder calling the police! The police asked if I was willing to go to the police station to ID the thief, which, of course, I would have.  But I was so worried about being late to lunch.  As always, God stepped in, and I made it to the lunch right on time!  God always has a way of taking care of business!
The lunch and conversation with Jamey were both amazing. During our first few hours together I kept discovering the many things we had in common and thought....this guy is too good to be true!  It sounds so corny, but it really was "the first day of the rest of my life!"
*************************************
We saw each other periodically in the upcoming months.  We always joked that I had my "running shoes" on because I just believed he was too good to be true.  There was no way someone this good could come into my life.  He was perfect for me.  I finally took my running shoes off in November/December of that year and my heart knew it was love.



7 comments:

Courtney Long said...

I never knew this! Such a love story!

Unknown said...

Dearest Tippa,

I knew the moment I met you during our tenure in Brussels that you were destined to be united with a man of great values and great character...and one that would love you to the hilt!

I was so grateful that, during your courtship with Jamey, we met up for dinner and drinks during one of my business trips to Memphis. I knew in my heart that he was "it" for you.

I'm quite sure I've never seen a couple so in love, so happy together, with so many genuine smiles lighting up the world.

They don't come any more precious than you, Tippa. My heart hurts for you and your loss, but I know you will pull through this hour of darkness.

Stay strong.

Beth Houben

Susan said...

You are so, so strong. It's an honor to read this. Keep 'em coming. We all love and support you.

Tippa Feltman said...

Our story is amazing! We told each other that every day! I am looking forward to sharing it.

Tippa Feltman said...

Thank you, sweet friend. He was my everything.

Tippa Feltman said...

Thank you.

kimberly t. bowling said...

I'm so thankful you took off your "running shoes" too!