Wednesday, August 21, 2013

His Mark

When the funeral home asked me if I wanted necklaces made of Jamey's thumbprint, I said yes.

To be honest, I had no idea what the guy was talking about.  At that particular moment in time, I probably said yes to many things because the fog I was walking through was so thick and so dense and my heart was so heavy.  I was only going through the motions.  In the days after Jamey went to be with Jesus, I remember my sweet friend, Teresa, making me daily lists of things that we needed to do.  I could not think clearly, make any decisions, or even finish my sentences.

I had forgotten about the necklaces.  When the funeral home called me about a month ago to tell me they were in, I had to ask what they were.  Then, I remembered.  His thumbprint.

Jamey's thumbprint.

Something tangible I could touch, feel, rub, kiss.  Something tangible that will forever be with me.

Sometimes I just rub it, just to feel a part of him again.  I long to be able to hold his hand, rub his arm, and see that sweet smile.

Jamey left his mark on many who knew him.  If I could only share every story that has been told me to me.  Stories about how much Jamey meant to them, what an impact he had on their life, how he brought them to Jesus, and how special he was.  The stories are many.


When I was thinking about Jamey's thumbprint, I was reminded of the Footprint Prayer.  If you have not read it before, please take a moment to read.

The Footprints Prayer
One night I had a dream...
I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord, and Across the sky flashed scenes from my life. For each scene I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; One belonged to me, and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of my life flashed before us, I looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that many times along the path of my life, There was only one set of footprints.
I also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in my life This really bothered me, and I questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, You would walk with me all the way; But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, There is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why in times when I needed you the most, you should leave me.
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child. I love you, and I would never, never leave you during your times of trial and suffering. When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you.
Jesus has been carrying me for the past 108 days since Jamey went to his Heavenly Home.  When people say to me that they do not know how I am making it, my response has always been, "Jesus".  He is the one carrying me through this journey.

There is no other explanation than that.

Jesus.

Sweet Jesus.

I could not get out of bed every day if it were not Jesus physically pulling me up.  He is who carries me.  Every.Single.Day.

I would love to hear how Jamey made an impact on your life.  I would like for Brenna to have a collection of stories to read one day to know what an incredible man Jamey was.  Would you consider sharing those stories and memories with me?  You can email me or leave a comment here.  (tippafeltman@gmail.com).

1 comments:

Split3ways said...

How awesome is that necklace?! Great post. I look forward to the day I can read your sweet blogs without tearing up!