Tuesday, August 13, 2013

6th Grade

Brenna started 6th grade on August 8th.  I cannot believe summer is over and we are starting school. Where did June and July go?

Brenna loves school and enjoys being with her friends.  As an only child, this is her outlet to socialize and play....and you know, learn some things in the process.  We are so blessed to be apart of an amazing school and extended family.



This picture shocks the pants off me.  Look at the difference.  I cannot stop looking at it!  Where did her baby face go?

The start of school was very difficult on me.  Maybe one of the worst days yet.  Jamey was such a huge part of her (our) life and with school starting, his absence was everywhere I looked.  He wasn't there to share in the excitement of a new year, to shop for school supplies, uniforms and shoes, walk her in the first day, meet the teachers, and on and on and on.  

But, I felt him there as I walked Brenna to her class.  I felt him stand by my side as I kissed her bye and wished her a good day.  He was holding me up as I walked out of the school doors and led me straight into the open arms of a dear friend.  This friend was standing right where I needed her when I stepped outside those doors.  Another friend raced to me in the parking lot with open arms as well, knowing I just needed a big hug.  I am forever grateful for those hugs right when I needed them, Paige and Brooke.  God led me straight into your path and I needed you.  

Happy 6th grade, sweet Brenna!  I am praying for an amazing year.  

0 comments: