Monday, April 21, 2014

Our 1st (and only) Anniversary

Jamey and I would have been married two years today.

2 years......


Saying that feels like a knife was driven straight through my heart.

But, Jesus had other plans. 

I remember our anniversary last year so vividly. Every single detail.  We were so excited to celebrate 'us' and the blissful year we had. It was perfect and magical.

Jamey surprised me with a weekend getaway.  He sent flowers (the same ones in my bridemaid's bouquet) to me at work saying "pack a bag, let's get away to celebrate our big day".  He was so thoughtful and knew I loved surprises!  We spent the weekend at the Alluvian Hotel.  We had couple's massages, fantastic dinner, and a sweet time together.  Such a memory.  We even had the baker of our wedding cake make us another so we could have it on our day.



Jamey always made every day special.  I cannot believe that I am here without him on this day.

How can it be?

I do not have any more words than this right now.

But, for now, please keep me in your prayers.  Prayers have kept me moving and living the life Jamey would want me to live.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declared the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I will continue to praise You in this storm, Lord.  





1 comments:

Kim Lawson said...

I can't imagine what you are feeling on this day, Tippa. I do know that you certainly have been living the life Jamey would want for you and Brenna. You are amazing and so inspirational. We are all so blessed to have you in our lives. You continue to touch us all. Love, hugs, and prayers, my dear friend.