Thursday, October 10, 2013

Save a Place for Me

I heard a song yesterday while driving home.  It is a song I have heard many times, but my heart really listened this time.  It is called "Save a Place for Me" by Matthew West.  The lyrics really spoke to me.  It is a good description of how I feel as reality continues to sinks in and we find our new normal.  

Specifically, this verse:
I have asked the questions why
But I guess the answer's for another time
So instead I'll pray with every tear
And be thankful for the time I had You here


I am in a great bible study on Wednesday nights.  I am blessed to share this time with some amazing ladies.  As part of this study, we have to share our testimony.  I started thinking about mine and I am starting to write it out.  I see God's hands in so many things that have happened on my short 38 (almost 39 years).  However, I continue to find myself asking 'why'.  Why did I find happiness for it to all be taken from me so soon?  Why did Brenna lose both parents at such an early age?  Why was I the chosen one to raise her?  (Don't get me wrong, I am the blessed one here!  I love that child.)  Only God knows why.  

Like the verse says, "I guess the answer's are for another time".

I wonder if I will ever stop asking 'why'?  I am forever thankful for my time with Jamey and forever believe God's hands brought us together for me to raise Brenna.  No doubt in my mind.  

But, if I stop and really listen to what God is saying to me, I hear a whisper "Trust me".  

Trust HIM!

I do trust, Lord, I do.

2 Corinthians 12:9:  "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect is weakness."

Here are the full lyrics:

Don't be mad if I cry
It just hurts so bad sometimes
'Cause everyday it's sinking in
And I have to say goodbye all over again

You know I bet it feels good
To have the weight of this world
Off Your shoulders now
I'm dreaming of the day
When I'm finally there with You

Save a place for me, save a place for me
I'll be there soon, I'll be there soon
Save a place for me, save some grace for me
I'll be there soon, I'll be there soon

I have asked the questions why
But I guess the answer's for another time
So instead I'll pray with every tear
And be thankful for the time I had You here

So You just save a place for me, save a place for me
I'll be there soon, I'll be there soon
Save a place for me, save some grace for me
I'll be there soon, I'll be there

I wanna live my life just like You did
And make the most of my time just like You did
And I wanna make my home up in the sky
Just like You did, oh, but until I get there
Until I get there

Just save a place for me, save a place for me
'Cause I will be there soon

Save a place for me, save a place for me
I'll be there soon, I'll be there soon

Don't be mad if I cry
It just hurts so bad

0 comments: