Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Birthday

(I am playing catch up, so we are going back to October!!)

One of the 'firsts' I was dreading was my birthday. I have this thing about birthdays. They are worth celebrating, making a big deal over, and having fun!  Everyone has one and I say "go big or go home."  ;-)

I knew this day would be sad. But, I didn't want to be sad. So, I told Brenna to invite a group of girls over and let's party!  I mean, really, how can you be sad with a bunch of 11 & 12 year olds in the house?!?!  I have many wonderful, amazing friends who would have gone completely out of their way to make my day special; however, I knew this was the perfect plan!

So, we did just that. We had a house full of girls!  I picked them up from school and came home for dinner.  

I had a few hungry girls on my hands!!!  And I got enough for a midnight snack!  

My party!!!  I cannot tell you how much I love these girls!!  They are the most precious friends to Brenna. They are crazy, wild, sweet, and compassionate. I pray they are always this amazing and not let the teenage drama creep up and come between them. 

And, their parents....yep, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!  They are pretty spectacular too!!

We are so blessed!

I recruited another mom to help transport and watch this crew for our next adventure. For the evening entertainment, we went to a local farm for some spooky, haunted Halloween fun!  Haunted hayrides, bonfires, hot chocolate, etc.  We had such a great night!!!  (My birthday was in October.)

On the way home I got a call from my friend, Jennie. She currently lives in Akron, OH. I thought she was calling to wish me a happy birthday. But, no, she was in town to surprise me and sitting in my driveway!!!  And, since I planned this little party and didn't know she was in town, she showed up at my house at 11pm when we got home from the farm!  What an amazing surprise!!!  Thanks, Jennie, for making my day!!!

We ended the night with cupcakes and a sleepover!  

I went to bed exhausted and missed Jamey like crazy, but these girls filled me up with lots of love!

Such a great night!  

0 comments: